Karen Feld Sculpture Showcase
Each piece of Karen Feld art, uniquely sculpted in terra cotta, tells a story: An attention-seeking poodle, eagerly standing on its hind legs for its owner. The human form in repose, writhing or in thought. You can tell Karen Feld’s art by her masterful execution of gesture, personality and expression.
Karen is the former co-owner and curator of Casco Bay Artisans in Portland, Maine. She believes that art is a unique emotional and financial investment that not only gives you pleasure but adds beauty, a sense of well-being and depth to your life. In her sculptures, Karen captures and expresses that vision in a three-dimensional medium that reflects her journalistic experience and style. By creating pieces where each angle is considered, art inspires her writing.
Karen has studied figurative sculpture with Charles Johnson at The Art League in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, with internationally renowned sculptor Paul Lucchesi and with sculptor Patricia Urchill Simons in Berkeley, California. An array of venues have showcased her work:
- The Ralls Collection, Washington, D.C.
- The Watergate Gallery, Washington, D.C.
- The Torpedo Factory, Alexandria, Virginia
- Peter Louis Gallery, New York City
- The Backstage Gallery at Deertrees Theatre, Harrison, Maine
- Water’s Edge Gallery, Fryeburg, Maine
- Space Gallery, Portland, Maine
- Casco Bay Artisans, Portland, Maine
Each piece is one-of-a-kind. Commissions accepted. For more information, contact Karen via e-mail at Karen@Karenfeld.com.